There are a few things you need to do and consider to prepare for a face to face meeting:
- Set clear goals for what you want to accomplish in the meeting.
- Anticipate potential concerns from the client.
- Check to make sure you are completely prepared by researching the prospect personally and professionally on social media and news sources.
- Listen more than you talk. Prepare your questions beforehand.
- Bring support staff with you.
- Use and respect the clients’ format.
- Always follow through.
- Ask for what you need and seal the deal.
- Simplify your prospects life.
- Find ways to boost your credibility.
- Build and nurture relationships.
- Learn from “no” if you get one. Find out what didn’t work so you know how to change it for the next time.
These are all important things to do both before and during the sales process. With confidence behind your company and product you will catch that big fish. As you move forward from first meetings to more in...